COVID-19 has placed an incredible strain on businesses, especially those operating in a bricks and mortar format, and those that rely on face to face interaction. By moving at least a portion of business online, entrepreneurs can access new markets and clientele, and become more resilient to the limitations that the coronavirus pandemic requires.
The Innisfil Accelerates team is also committed to supporting the businesses listed here through digital advertising of the Online Market in order to help generate leads.
To visit the directory, go here.
Get Your Business Online
Businesses that wish to create an online store can take advantage of the ShopHERE program. A consultant will work with you to create your store, including domain, linking to payments, and providing some basic teachings. To qualify, businesses must:
• Be registered in Ontario
• Have a commercial location or be home-based
• Have fewer than 10 employees or fewer than 25 employees if a restaurant or bar
• Not be a corporate chain or franchise
Artists may also apply. To apply for the program and learn more, go here:
List Your e-Commerce Store in our Directory
Available to any Innisfil business from bricks and mortar to side hustles, submit your online store to be listed in our directory, which will be updated once weekly with new stores.
Your business must be located in Innisfil, and you must allow online purchases to be eligible for the Innisfil Online Market.
Any platform is eligible to be listed (Shopify, Etsy, e-Bay, etc)
You can list your store in any of these following categories:
- Clothing and Accessories (Jewelry, Men’s/Women’s Clothing and Shoes, Bags and Luggage)
- Electronics (Electronics and Computers, Mobile Phones)
- Entertainment (Video Games, Books/Movies/Music)
- Family (Health and Beauty, Pet Supplies, Baby and Kids, Toys and Games)
- Food (Restaurant Delivery, Non-Perishable Goods)
- Hobbies (Bicycles, Arts/Crafts, Sports and Outdoors, Musical Instruments, Antiques and Collectibles)
- Home and Garden (Tools, Furniture, Household, Garden, Appliances)
- Services (Contracting, Professional Services)
- Vehicles (Cars/Trucks, Recreational Vehicles, Auto Parts)
Fill the Directory Form
Support for Your Store
The Town has partnered with Nottawasaga Futures to provide a free and personalized support program for your online store. Simply fill in the form, and you’ll be contacted by a Shopify expert to help you with questions like:
• How do I promote my store so potential clients will buy my product/service?
• How do I add or edit products or collections on my site?
• How do I edit elements on the site such as wording or photos?
• How do I edit my shipping settings?
For those that wish to take a hands-on approach to the development of your e-commerce platform, below are a few simple guides on how to do so with Shopify, a Canadian company.